Monday 29 December 2014

The Post Groudon Round Up

 Remember when I said that I trained up my Breloom for two full days in order to catch Groudon?

 Yeah... I caught it with a Quick Ball.

 -Sigh-

 On the other hand I have since caught Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Cobalion, Regice, Regirock and Registeel with Shrue's handy speed stat and the move Stun Spore paralyzing them before Jacob my Mawile goes in and False Swipes them down to one HP.

 They're a pretty handy duo.

 I'd like to have a quick moment to talk about how you gain access to Registeel.

 This is the Braille converted into the English alphabet:

 STAND CENTER, AIM TO THE SKY WITH LOVE AND HOPE AND TIME.

 I spent ages trying to figure out which pokemon I needed to take with me in order to open up the room with Registeel in before I gave up and looked it up.

 All you need to do is to use Fly in the middle of the room.

 Then what the hell was that Love and Hope and Time crap about?!

 I got confused because I was given way more to think about than was at all necessary.

 I'm a little bitter, now.

 Oh, on a side note, since I'm talking about the Regis, I named all of mine after Discworld golems. So they're Mr Pump (Regirock), Dorfl (Regice) and Gladys (Registeel). If I get my hands on a Regigigas, I'm going to call it 'Meshugah' which was the name of the king of the golems that a group of golems created in Feet of Clay.

 I bring it up because, like Regigigas, Meshugah is a white golem.

 Like the golems of Jewish folklore and legend, Meshugah is made of clay, but his clay was not fully baked, which means that it would be possible for plants to grow in him like they do in Regigigas.

 I'm not saying that Regigigas is inspired by Meshugah, but it's possible and it would be super cool if it was.

 As it stands, it's likely just an interesting coincidence.

 I've also been collecting fossils from the various Mirage spots and have so far gained an Archen and an Aerodactyl. They go well with the Anorith that Doug picked up for me in his game.

 Tonight my plan is to catch Tonardus, Palkia, another Musketeer and possibly Landorus and Giratina with some help from Doug.

 Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment