Day Twenty Three: It's Finally Over
Once inside the cockpit, Zog is hit with the dread of having to fly the space ship.
Hah, not so easy now that you don't have Nida to fob this job off onto, is it?
Wait, dude, you didn't even ask if Nina had any idea how to fly it before you decided you'd have to.
She probably doesn't, but it behoves a gentleman to ask. Seriously.
Speaking of Nina, she finds the telecommunication panel and alerts Zog to the fact that someone is trying to contact them.
This is how we learn the name of the ship, by the way.
It turns out that the convenient ship of plot convenience is a craft that Esthar sent up and lost contact with seventeen years ago.
I feel sorry for the people of Esthar. They probably expected to get the crew of this ship back, but instead they get a Sorceress and a SeeD.
I don't think I'm exaggerating either, the guy on comm seems really excited to hear from them.
|"You're two random kids I don't know! How exciting!"|
I'm also confused by how, in the next scene, Zog can literally have Nina in his lap and still not get it.
But then again, he doesn't seem to be able to figure out why the people of Esthar might be angry with the girl who killed a whole bunch of people and released an evil dictator/incredibly powerful magical creature without help either.
He's not very bright, that's what I'm trying to get at here.
I've been writing about this gameplay day for about a month now, and I'm really quite sick of it.
So, here's the short version:
- The people of Esthar say they'll take Nina into their custody
- Nina and Zog make it down to the surface
- Nina decides to go with the Esthar soldiers and Zog respects her decision
- Zog's mates show up
- Selphie tells him Ellone has gone missing again (story of her life)
- Zell fills Zog in on the whole Lunatic Pandora thing
- He also tells him that Edea is no longer a Sorceress
- He also also tells him about the mess the monsters have caused and how Adel is okay
- Quistis talks Zog out of respecting Nina's decision
- Selphie becomes the pilot of the Ragnarok
- Zog tells us that Nina's probably at the Sorceress Memorial
Screw you, Quistis, you're a terrible person.
So, there it is. It's finally over.
Now I have to decide whether to do all my additional sidequest stuff now, or to wait until I get Nina back.
Find out what I decide to do in Part Sixty Six!