Wednesday 8 October 2014

Let's Talk About... The Great British Bake Off Final 2014

 (By the way, I wrote a review of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on Fission Mailure, so you should check that out if you're interested.)


 So, we have a winner!

 And unlike last year, I am in total agreement with the decision they made.

 (Frances was consistently subpar, so her winning was a frustration.)

 Nancy's been a consistently good baker. She may not have had as many stellar highs as Richard, but she's suffered fewer catastrophic lows.

 She also had the best technical this week, as well as an amazing showstopper. Luis' was good, but Nancy's was spectacular. (Richard's was the counterpoint to Luis', looked a bit crap, but tasted better.)

 In my opinion, Nancy's been a bit of a dark horse this series, which is odd as she won star baker for the first week. So it's not like we didn't have some foreshadowing that she may very well win.

 On the other hand, prior to last week, I was a big Chetna supporter and thought that the winner may be her or Richard, who hs been arguably the most impressive baker of the series. He's definitely a record breaking baker with five weeks as star baker.

 I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed that Richard didn't win, but I think that Nancy did a fantastic job and definitely deserved the title.

 Overall, this has been a great series with great people. Except Diana.

 Hell, I even warmed to Jordan, who initially creeped me out. (I've met guys with the same kind of... air before. They were not nice people.)

 I'm sad it's over, but all good things must end eventually.

 Now it's all about killing time until April and the Great British Sewing Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment