Sunday 30 December 2012

Jon Snow and adventures in scanning

 So, after several weeks and quite a few arguments with my parents and inner perfectionist, I finally finished a highly esoteric visual pun.

Breaking News: Winter is Coming
This took forever.

 Have a media list:
  •  Acrylic
  • Inktense blocks
  • Watercolour pencils
  • Coloured pencils
  • White ink
  • Pastels


 I was originally going to take a photo, but for the second day running, I slept all day. So, I decided to scan it instead.

 The original is 10 x 13.25 inches in size, so I had to scan it in in four separate sections and then stitch them back together again.Which was not super fun.

But it's finally done, and that is the important thing.

 I took screenshots while I stitched it together, so I'll be putting together a tutorial on how to do it at some point. Hopefully I'll get that up in the next few days.

 I'll also do some more sketches preparing for my Miss Muffet series, and hopefully I can get a shot of that painting I mentioned before to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment