Friday 30 November 2012

More Jon Snow work

 Alas, I have failed NaNoWriMo, but on the plus side, I've been having a whale of a time working on this Game of Thrones piece that  have previously mentioned.

 Before the main event, here's a quick sketch I did in pencil and photoshop for fun one evening:


 Now, this is the progress on Jon Snow.

 I finished the pencil work, so I had line art ready to paint on.


 I'm sorry it's not a scan, but this piece is far too large for my scanner. Also, this is not the worst of it.



This is by far the worst photo. I couldn't find my camera, so I used my 3DS. It may be an awful picture, but at least you get to see the colours so far, right?

 I'll make sure I have my camera proper by the next post.

 Anyway, as for this piece, so far it's been coloured with some Derwent inktense blocks, watercolour pencils and water soluble graphite pencils.

 I'm planning to work in some more watercolours before possibly using acrylic and coloured pencils.This is something of an experiment for me, so wish me luck!

 In other news, I got hold of a copy of The Art of Alice: Madness Returns and I'm very happy about it. The concept work for this game is just stunning and you learn a few interesting things along the way too. It's definitely worth a look if you enjoyed the game or its predecessor.

 Well, that's enough from me for today, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with more work on Jon Snow.

  Ciao guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment