Wednesday 31 October 2012

One day to go, a day in the life of a depressive

 As you well know, I didn't write a post yesterday. That is because nothing got done. At all.

 After writing the post the day before yesterday, my depression got triggered, and regardless of the fact that the trigger is no longer a concern, I'm still feeling the effects.

 In the hours after the trigger happened, I was so distressed that I couldn't sleep, and only watching videos of cats, rabbits and octopuses combined with 'Icanhascheezeburger' was I able to sleep.

 Yesterday, I suffered fatigue and the muscles in my back kept seizing up as well as feeling like I was going to cry all day. This is not mentioning the feelings of self harm.

 Today was better, but I'm still feeling down, a bit cry-ey and my back muscles are still playing up.

 So not much done in the way of writing and planning.

 Right now, my priorities are down to finishing this chapter and getting twiglets on that 2 for 1 deal at Tescos, because I love twiglets and yeast extract has a bunch of b vitamins in, which I think are meant to help with mood. Also, it has folic acid, which is supposed to help fend off anaemia. It's apparently really good during pregnancy, so that's good, if completely inapplicable in this situation.

 Success on NaNoWriMo seems unlikely at this point, but I'm still going to attempt it. Because even if I fail, I'll have done something.

No comments:

Post a Comment