Tuesday 26 July 2016

Editing and some other stuff

 So, in a previous post I talked about editing a pair of short stories.

 The shorter of the two I did actually manage to finish editing, and I'm happy to send it off to a literary agent in the near future.

 The longer one, however, was indeed a complete pain in the proverbial. I didn't just need to clean up the prose, I needed to change huge parts of the story.

 I managed to drop one and a half thousand words because I took so much extraneous crap out.

 This presents me with something of an issue, though.

 With such big changes, I feel like I do need to give this another few rounds of editing. Which is an issue because I'm challenging myself to submit to a literary agent by the end of August.

 So these big changes are making me even more nervous than I was previously about doing that.

 I suppose I should stop being such a coward and start a new edit of it.

 I've heard changing fonts can help with this, so I'm going to try that out. I just need to decide which one to go for. Hmmm...

 In other news, I'm in the process of tidying the office (it's saddening that I won't have this when I move out, but I needs to be freee you guys), so I'm going to start painting again, and finally finish this thing:

Other brands of cider with fruit flavouring are available
 I'll also be able to fit my exercise bike in here, so my dream of playing Dark Souls while on an exercise bike will finally come to fruition.

 My friend Doug suggests turning up the resistance every time I die, but I reckon that's going to put me on the highest setting in about fifteen minutes.

 Prepare to die, indeed.

 I'll keep you updated on the progress of that short story editing, and I'll be sure to blog the horrors of searching for an agent (although I won't name names, that'd be a dick move.)

 I'm looking forward to when this longer short story is done, it's been a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment