Saturday 24 January 2015

A Drabble From a Rabble - Twenty Two

 Today's theme was chosen by my friend Luna (she has a tumblr) and she picked The Globe.

 I apologise in advance for any translation errors, I used Google Translate. I did make sure to translate what I got back into English, so it should check out, but just in case, sorry.

 I also used this not at all handy Tunneling Tool from Free Map Tools to work out where this was taking place.

 So, with that out of the way, here's the drabble.

Antipodes


 The crash took me God knows how far from the I-45.

 Serving away from that truck had left me bleeding on the grass.

 Everything hurt and I couldn’t stop the tears soaking into the ground.

 “Dios , ayúdame,” I mumbled through an aching jaw into the grass.

 I was always scared I die alone.

 “Shhh,” a gentle voice whispered, “Semuanya akan baik-baik saja.”

 I could hear it as plain as day and a hand stroked the cheek that was buried in the grass.

 I relaxed with a sigh. 

 “Semuanya akan baik-baik saja,” they whispered again, as a helicopter approached.

No comments:

Post a Comment