Friday 7 November 2014

When the Moon Hits Your Eye Like Future Genocide...

 Brrr, it's so cooooold.

 Now, to more important matters.

 Majora's Mask 3D has been announced and will be released next year.

 I am incredibly excited.

 I absolutely love Majora's Mask, it's my favourite Legend of Zelda title in terms of writing because it is the most well built world in the series.

 Most of the games revolve around Hyrule, but in my experience, most of the ones that stray away from Hyrule are more fleshed out in terms of world building.

 Koholint, Labrynna, Holodrum and especially Termina.

 Termina is the most fascinating place in the series.

 I've managed to play through Majora's Mask before, but in that case there was a time when I had to do one of the dungeons twice because the game glitched out, which is apparently a problem fairly common to the Gamecube Zelda Collector's edition.

 Now I no longer have to worry about those issues, I can enjoy the world of Termina once more at my leisure.

 There is one minor problem though.

 And I do mean minor.


 It's the moon.

 It looks wrong somehow.

 Less pained, more angry. Less like an unwilling participant and more like it wants to take part in the plan to destroy Termina.

 I suppose it objectively looks better, I think this was always what it was supposed to look like, but I'm still not a fan.

 Everything else just looks like a better version of the original game, whereas the moon looks less like a moon with a face on it and more like a face that's had a sphere built around it.

 I know I'm being a bit nit picky here, and I'm sure I'll just get used to the new look, but it's really the only thing that bothers me about the remake.

 Also, I'm hoping (but not really expecting) them to add in a feature that lets you use the Giant's Mask in more than just one place.

 That would be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment