Friday 12 September 2014

A Drabble From a Rabble - Nine

 Uh, this isn't related to An Unfriendly Star.

 Well, technically it is, but that wasn't intentional.

 I was going to post a Let's Rework today where I redesign Seifer and Rinoa, but I can't get my printer to cooperate, so that's going to have to wait until Monday.

 In the meantime, here's a drabble, fresh off the press.

A Warmer Star


It’s a beautiful world.

The grass is lush and red, and the sky is a brilliant turquoise, lit by an orange sun.

My wife tells me not to look directly at it, but my doctor says that I can, it won’t damage my eyes. My species evolved under a much brighter star.

I bought my son a pair of glasses so he could look at it.

“Daddy, does Sol look like this?” he asks me.

I close my eyes to feel the weak warmth on my skin.

“No, son. Sol is much more dangerous.”

Eyes stinging, “much warmer.”

Much missed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment