Monday 14 July 2014

A Drabble From a Rabble - Seven

Today's drabble gave me some trouble, so I turned to my good friend Doug from Fission Mailure for some editing help. As per usual he did a great job.

 The theme for this drabble is 'Gold', and it's one of the drabble prompts that helped inspire my NaNoWriMo project from last year.

 It's also the last of the drabbles I had in storage, so from now on it's all going to be new material.

Fleece



This is my duty. I protect this fleece from any who would seek it.

I reside in this sacred grove, against those who pass the king’s challenges.

We protect the fleece together: I am the last line of defence, should they prevail over the king's trials. His daughter sees to my health to ensure that should her father fail, I will not.

She treats my wounds with care, applies ointments and salves to drive off the biting insects and makes potions to help me sleep when I cannot. She is my most beloved, and I protect the fleece for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment