Wednesday 2 July 2014

A Drabble From a Rabble - Three

Some day I'll format all the titles for these the same way.

 Anyway, in order to give you something, here's a drabble from the archives. It was written for the prompt 'Freedom'.

Dad Dancing

 Oh god, he’s doing it again.

 Every single time there’s an opportunity he does this to me. I’d hoped today would be an exception, but he was embarrassing me again.

 I implored my mother to stop him but she just shrugged and sipped her gin and tonic and told me to do it myself.

 With a heavy heart and mild grimace, I headed over to him.

 “Dad, could you please stop dancing?”

 “Oh, come on son, it’s your wedding! You don’t have to impress anyone, just have some fun!”

 You know what? He’s right.

 Let’s do the time warp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment