Wednesday 25 June 2014

Reecey plans for Camp NaNoWriMo

 It's time to consider writing like a fiend again.

 Now, I have done the regular NaNoWriMo for the last two years, but this would be my first time doing Camp NaNoWriMo.

 As you well know, NaNoWriMo is where writers attempt to write fifty thousand words in November.

 Camp NaNoWriMo is a little different, it takes place in April and July and you can pick any target from ten thousand to a million words.

 It also doesn't have the caveat that plain NaNoWriMo does, that being that your project has to be new. You can pretty much do what you want, as long as your project can be measured by word count (RIP ScriptFrenzy).

 My project for this Camp NaNoWriMo is going to be Herd (big surprise).

 It currently stands at around five thousand four hundred words and the goal I'm going for is thirty thousand more by the end of June. I haven't gone for the straight fifty, as the FF8 posts have been taking up a lot of my time. I may have difficulty doing a thousand words a day, but it's a worthy goal.

 The over all plan for Herd is for it to stand at around one hundred thousand words or so. Although I'm not sure how long the first draft will end up or how long the book will end up being. I'm fine with it being shorter or longer than this initial goal, but I do have upper and lower limits. No longer then one hundred and twenty thousand and no shorter than eighty thousand.

 The next five days will be occupied with trying to build up a little bit of a store of FF8 posts and bashing out the outline a little more.

 I'll dedicate my Saturday posts to talking about my process and my struggles during this endeavour.

 So wish me luck, and be prepared to poke me into writing occasionally.

 (By the way, I'm going to post the last part of Day Thirteen tomorrow, but the first part of Day Fourteen on Saturday. I've got a Let's Rework post planned, and I like to have them up between 'days' of game play for the sake of making them easier to spot in the masterpost. So don't be worried when there's no Let's Play post on Friday, it will be coming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment