Monday 23 June 2014

A Drabble From a Rabble - Two

This drabble comes from the category 'The Truth'. I created twenty themes altogether to base the drabbles on. I wanted to see how different I could make different stories with the same underlying theme.

Her Hand

Years ago, my mother compiled this beautiful scrapbook of recipes she’d collected. She decorated the pages with pictures of the food and ingredients, even including dried herbs on a few, and every recipe was beautifully handwritten.

 Each page was so beautiful, I got a few of them printed onto tea towels.

 When I showed them to my sister, she asked why I did it.

 “Because Mum’s handwriting was just so beautiful.”

 She snorted in derision.


 “What are you talking about? Mum’s handwriting was awful, do you have any idea how long it took for her to make these look good?”

No comments:

Post a Comment