Friday 26 October 2012

The end of the fifth day to go and my NaNo to do list

 So, here I am, taking a break from one of the most important parts of my preparation for NaNoWriMo to tell you all about my preparation for NaNoWriMo.

 Now, since I already know what I'm writing, I've spared myself that first important step. I've also already signed up to NaNoWriMo.org so I can post on the forums for help and moral support.

 So, the things that are really key for me are:

 A. Finishing this redraft of chapter one

 B. Noting down what scenes I need for my story on individual index cards

 C. Going to Tescos to get more index cards and a super special awesome NaNoWriMo specific pen

 D. Writing up the traits of my characters and making it easy to add more traits as and when they make themselves clear

 E. Setting up my writing spaces which are:
My Bedroom
The Dining Room Table
The Craft Room

 This includes creating the wall of plot, so I'm also going to need blu-tack from Tescos and possibly some string.

 F. Looking into how to write effective action/fight scenes

 G. Make decisions in relation to various plot points and character traits

 Right now, I'm working on A, which is currently up to 5,251 words and is outstripping the original draft (5,176) and is still in progress. Thankfully, though, I am already on the final scene of that chapter, so I should be able to get it finished by then, I'm estimating that it will end up at 6,000 to 6,500 words long. Especially when it's taken into account that the final scene of the chapter is 966 words long in the first draft.

 So far today I've only written 142 words, but that's because I was distracted reading a friend's NaNoWriMo from last year. I'll be typing my little heart out after this is posted, so don't you worry.

 Over the next few days, I'll be updating my progress in each of these key areas, so make sure to check back and see how I'm doing!

 I'll also make sure to post an extract in this time to sweeten the pill for you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment