Wednesday 17 October 2012

Character sketches, and the Buddleia fiasco

 In our back garden we have this massive buddleia plant. Buddleias grow pretty tall anyway, but ours was also right next to the compost heap, so it was massive.

 It was in need of a pruning for a fair while, but my dad never got around to it.

 Well, the wind decided to do it for him.

 Part of the plant cracked right near the root and fell over onto the fence, only because it's so tall, it was hanging into the neighbour's garden. This was not allowed to stand.

 My sister Anna and I spent three hours chopping the damn thing up, and by the time we were done, you couldn't tell what had happened. It was amazing.

 I also got some awesome pics of a very leggy spider, but I'm tired and it's late, so I'm going to put pictures of my adventures up in a supplementary post tomorrow.

 Anyway, now to the sketches.

Top- Lucretia, Julie, Melissa
Bottom- Joshua, Sebastian, Zachariah

 Lucretia is modelled after an Italian supermodel, who's name completely escapes me (crap). Julie is modelled after Emilie de Ravin, only she's much taller than Miss de Ravin as she's a air hostess. Zachariah is based on Francis York Morgan from Deadly Premonition (which you all know I love). Sebastian is based on a Lucius Malfoy-ey type look, even though I screwed up his eyebrows.

 Melissa and Joshua aren't particularly based on anyone.

 So the lesson here is, Haz needs to get back into drawing, because she's sorely out of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment