Wednesday 3 October 2012

Back from Derbyshire

 I missed Fitzwilliam, but Georgiana says hi.

 She was in Birds in Derby, we had jam tarts, it was amazing.


Apparently, her brother has the hots for some girl he met down south.

 So, when I wasn't with Georgie on the Saturday, I was taking a turn about the town with my good friend Doug.

 I took a couple of photos along the way, including this one of a nice statue on the way into the city centre from the train station.

Fiat Lux- a statue of Florence Nightingale

 Next time I'm in Derby, I will find out that that text says and amend the caption here to reflect it, because I am a fool, and forgot to check it.

 The other thing I took photos of in Derby was an old, disused club. It probably hasn't been in use since the early nineties, if not the eighties, but it has this cool looking bust on it.




 I don't know what is going on with this guy, but he's cool as hell.

  After that we headed to Doug's place and had drinks at the local pub, which is really nice and full of lovely people and serves some damn fine real ales. I'm definitely going to visit in November so we can have a write and drink evening in the stable bar.

 I am super looking forward to it.

 I'm also looking forward to seeing Doug's dog and cat again. After our Sam cat died, I've really missed having a pet, and I'm so happy that Doug's dog is always up for hugs and fuss.

Jung and Faiz
I also have a work in progress to show from the trip! I started a picture of Faiz, and Doug says it's very accurate, so I am very happy with it so far.


 Isn't she the cutest puppy you ever saw?

No comments:

Post a Comment