Monday 15 October 2012

Another Silver Crosses preview!

 I have worked on Rarity a little more, but I think I'm going to give her another bake and have a break for a while. Work on something else for a little while.

 In the meantime, however, here's a short extract from Silver Crosses (which is at 4,267 words, at the moment):

 Mel has finally gotten out of the wheelchair and is being taken to meet the Lycan and Vampire council in her new home, she's a little unsteady on her feet.

  “I’ve got an idea. Sit down for a sec.” He steered her to a chair and sat her down.

 “Mom always said I had magic hands, let’s see if I’ve still got it,” he winked before carefully started massaging some of the life back into her legs.

 “I’m not sure this is helping, but damn, you’ve still got it.”

 Josh just beamed as the door opened.

 “Joshua, really? The woman is only just out of a wheelchair.”

 Mel and Josh jumped.

 A tall woman (5’11”) in a figure hugging (curvy, 11 and a half stone) black dress watched them as she leaned in the doorway, one dark eyebrow raised.

 “Um, hey Lucy,” Josh smiled, looking innocent but not letting go of Mel’s leg.

 ‘Lucy’ rolled her eyes and walked over to them.

 Mel took a few deep breaths, for all the mental preparation she had done, she was still a little nervous being around vampires.

 “Hello,” she said with a warm smile and soft Italian accent, “and welcome to our community. I am Lucretia Orbel, I vice-chair the vampire council.”

 “Oh, nice to meet- oh!” Mel groaned as Josh massaged the sensitive spot at the back of her knee, “Josh!”

 “Come now, Joshua, we are trying to have a conversation. If you insist on seducing the poor woman, can you not do it now?” Lucretia asked with an exasperated tone.

 “I’m not trying to seduce her!”

 Lucretia put her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrow again, “please, do not try to fool me in these matters, especially since you know I am fully aware of your tactics when it comes to seducing somebody.”

 It was Mel’s turn to raise her eyebrow at Josh.

 He coughed and let go of Mel’s leg, standing up.

 I might try to do some character sketches tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have something to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment