Thursday 20 September 2012

Cleopatra Skies and the best pony

 Finally, after about five coats of varnish and a week of waiting for various layers of it to dry, my mini painting 'Cleopatra Skies' is finished!

 It's 12.5x12.5 cm in size and has fully painted edges, so it doesn't need a frame.

 Here are two photos showing how it reacts to different angles of light. These photos also highlight my not particularly brilliant photo editing skills.

 

 That's 'Cleopatra Skies' and it will be on sale at my Etsy Store as soon as I figure out how much to sell it for.

 The next thing I want to show you is my work in progress on a sculpture of Rarity from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She's my favourite pony, so I picked her for my first sculpey sculpt.

 As I started sculpting with newplast, these pictures include the sculpture I did in newplast that I'm using as a starting point for this sculpture.




 Sculpey Rarity is turning out to be more slender than Newplast Rarity, but I actually kind of like that. I plan to put the sticking out part of her eyeball on, then bake her so that I can apply her eyelids safely. I'll probably sculpt her ears on before baking too, so that I can add her mane without concern for smooshing her ears up.

 That's all for today, I plan to have some wip shots of a painting I'm working on ready to show you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment