Wednesday 25 February 2015

Zzzzombies

 I really like zombies.

 Or, at least, I used to.

 I don't know, call me a hipster if you must but there is so much zombie related media these days that the shine has worn off.

 It's not like those things are necessarily bad, some of them are really good. It's more that there's such a market saturation of the damn things (and if you're on Steam, you know exactly what I'm talking about) that they've stopped being fun and started being abused.

 The problem is that people like zombies, and tv, movie, game and book people all know this, so they try to take advantage of it, which leads to market oversaturation.

 This eventually leads to people getting sick of them.

 I don't think I'm at the extreme either way. I don't think I'm a member of the zombie hating vanguard and there's cearly still enough people to keep the zombie economy going.

 I'm just tired I guess.

 One day, when the hoardes of zombie lovers has thinned and the zombie phenomenon is but a memory, I will emerge from my hipster cave with my zombie stories and rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment