Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Male Crime Writer - A Herlock Snippet

I feel like introducing an original character from the world of Herlock to you.

 His name is Robert McNamara and he's a crime writer, the Ariadne Oliver to Sherlock's Hercule Poirot.

 Only he fancies Sherlock.

The Male Crime Writer


 "I'm Ethan McLeod, and this is my better half, Tabitha Gladden."
 

 Sherlock smiled beatifically, "my friends call me Tabby."
 

 Our host looked mildly confused.
 

 "What does Ethan call you?"
 

 "Mistress."
 

 I just smiled as he looked at me in mild horror.
 

 "Errm, your room is this way."
 

 He sharply turned and headed off.
 

 Sherlock looked at me before following him.
 

 Oh, the knowledge that she'd kill me was there, but at the same time, I could tell she was rather pleased.
 

 I strode after her.
 

 "Marple would have been too obvious," I murmured in her ear.
 

 "Smith would have sufficed," she replied, sharp as a knife.
 

 "Where's the fun in that?"
 

 "If John and Mary weren't having a weekend away, you wouldn't be here,” she reminded me.
 

 "Spoilsport."

(Note: Mrs Gladden is the title character from The Female Detective, a series of crime stories from 1864)

No comments:

Post a Comment