Monday 1 December 2014

I painted a sketchbook!

 I really like the Daler Rowney Cachet Earthbound sketch books.

 They've got brown toned paper and brown covers.

 I like to decorate them.

 This time I decided to decorate it with a mask based design.

 Here's the initial sketch:


 I was inspired by Venetian masks, because we always are.

 However, and much to my delighted surprise, it ended up looking rather Indian.

 I'm very pleased with how it turned out.


 Since the last time I decorated a sktchbook I used copics and they seemed to love to bleed after the fact, I used waterproof Indian ink and Deleter white ink to do the painting with.

 The back side is just a silhouette of the reverse of the image. So it gives the impression of the back of the mask.

 I'm very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment