Saturday 20 September 2014

Let's Talk About... Final Fantasy XIII (AKA Lady Wondering Why Her Friend Is Taking So Long)

 Final Fantasy XIII is out on Steam.

 Which is a boon for my childish urge to own all Final Fantasy games, but bad for my urge not to play Final Fantasy XIII.

 Honestly, I have my suspicions that you guys who enjoy my Final Fantasy VIII series would just love me to do a series on Final Fantasy XIII.

 I'm not going to lie, it's a possibility, but I do have my doubts about how such a series would work.

 Doug played XIII back when it first came out and he did not have a good time of it.

 One of the great criticisms was that it was pretty corridors, and having watched someone play it, I'm going to have to say that they were totally right.

 This made grinding a real pain in the neck.

 Of course, there was a secondary problem with grinding. It was capped.

 Yeah, you were prevented from levelling up skills past a certain point until you did something in the plot. Thus making the branching skill trees kind of pointless.

 This game was absolutely riddled with problems.

 But I wasn't prompted to post just because the game is now on Steam, I was compelled to write this because of Steam's description.


 Lightning is not stylish.

 Sure, she looks fine from the waist up, but that skirt.

 It's so short it's practically a belt.

 Not to mention that it horrendously impractical.

 Reasonably form fitting trousers in a stretchy material would have looked better and less stupid.

 Trained soldiers don't generally like wandering around with their femeral arteries wear anyone can puncture them.

 I'm not sure if I'll ever do a series on XIII, it's not VII. Hell, it's not even VIII. There's no Selphie here.

 Besides, I have a plan as for what I'm doing. It's preliminary, but I do have it.

 More on that later, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment