Monday 22 October 2012

Devon adventure

 We went down to Devon on Thursday, getting up far before the sun. It was a long, but uneventful journey and we made it there sometime in the afternoon.

 I took this photo on the first day.


 I also got this photo of the friend's dog. So beautiful!


 He's a red setter named Fergus and he's manic. I think he and Faiz would get on like a house on fire.

 After settling in and having a quick wash, we headed out to Modbury, to this wonderful shop there called Hulu Crafts.

 I bought my own weight in fat quarters there, I swear. I also got some thread to go with a couple of them.



 The next day, my dad, sister Jo and I went to the shops at Dartington and had a lovely lunch at the Crank's restaurant (yes, the same Cranks I mentioned in the homity pie post!). After lunch, we went to Totnes and there I bought more lovely fabric there at a shop called Stone fabrics which also has a sewing surgery. I'm not totally sure what they do there, but they are very knowledgeable about things like dress making.



 I also went into a pet shop to get some pig's ears for Fergus and the craft shop on the high street. I can't properly remember the name though ^.^; something like handmades, crafts and sewing. There I got a basket for my 1/4 scale Dollzone doll and an even tinier basket for my friend Anna's Fairyland PukiPuki.


 As you can see, I also got some seed beads. Here's a close up.


After that, we had a lovely dinner with our friend's family.

 The next day, we went on one of my dad's famous magical mystery tours in an attempt to find Dartmoor. You'd be surprised that he managed to miss it, as it's huge.

 I don't have any photos of the moor yet, as after discovering my sister had a DSLR, I decided to leave the photography to her. Partly because she has a better camera and partly because I'm a terrible photographer.

 We also found a farm shop on the journey where we got some nice sweets and things. I got aniseed balls and wholemeal ginger biscuits (yummy!) along with booze.


 The liquer is for a friend, but that beer and wine is mine. I'm going to save it for a special occasion, like the beginning of NaNoWriMo. Which I will be blogging about throughout and telling you all about my progress.

 That night we went to the Green Dragon, a beautiful little country pub with an amazing venison burger. I'd never had venison before, and I loved it. Much better than beef.

 On Sunday, we came home (big surprise).

 I plan to post some of my sister's photos when I receive them so you can see some of the beautiful scenery.

 If you ever get a chance to visit Devon, make sure you do, it's a lovely place with some wonderful little shops.



No comments:

Post a Comment